Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
meck

Part Number Needed.

meck
I have an Allis-Chalmers B-10 that is used almost daily. It has a stripped gear on it that I need to find, and the manuals that I have do not show this particular gear. It is on the right, rear hub. It is pinned to the hub, and when everything is assembled it goes into the differential and mates up to the differential gears. Can anyone provide the name and part number for this gear? Thank you, John John Denton

HubbardRA
My AC 716 uses the same type of diff assembly, and my book shows the gear and hub as a single assembly. You may not be able to buy the gear separately. Rod H. Rod H.

John_RI
John, Is it the gear inside the differential covers? If so, the parts book for my simplicity 2012 shows PN: 164219, 'Differential Gear', it's the main gear inside the differential. John(ri)

meck
Thanks for your replies. I think what I have is what Rod is talking about. The gear on mine is pinned to the hub, but they may well be considered a single unit. With that in mind, I'll start looking at some of the on-line suppliers for the hub and all. John(ri), the gear that I am needing does slip into the end of the differential where it mates to the pinions. I have a schematic that shows a "differential gear, L.H." at the opposite side of the differential from where the gear I need sets. Maybe what I am needing is referred to as a "differential gear, R. H."? Like I said, my manuals simply don't have this gear in their drawings. Thanks again, John John Denton

meck
This is a follow-up on my original query. One of the online parts suppliers listed on the website has been able to clear my confusion. They have the needed gear and are shipping it immediately. It looks like the "ole" B-10 will live again. The gear is sold separately from the hub. It pins to the hub with six pins. It is referred to as the "differential gear, R. H." (for right hand). John John Denton