Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC Bearing - #536986

powermax_paul

powermax_paul
Does anyone have a cross reference to a Timken or other bearing MFG for this bearing? It's for a B207 mower deck. Simplicity P/N would probably work too. Paul

Been there, done that! Not sure of the AC number, but just did my 207 & 112 decks (38",42") and they had the same bearings. Mine were original, bits of AC paint around, 1965 on the seals!. Anyway, the originals were New Departure (now Industry) z9504B that number and the Torrington/fafnir number P204RR6 were the most popular. 1.780"OD, 3/4" bore, 0.605" thick. Other numbers: GBC 8504-88 Industry Z9504B ScHATZ CS3564X3 NICE 7488-8 Carquest & I think Napa use 204BBAR as a part number. Carquest was inexpensive and close but they didn't have enough in stock, so I called the ag shop, they had the JD bearing for $5 each. JD Part# 9296 Anyone have a good source for the mower deck v belt pulleys? -R

Thx for the bearing info. I will probably refer to this post instead of my copious notes which I can't find when I need them. To the pullies; I've had pretty good luck finding usable replacements with an eye to outer and inner diameter. The CI adj type to fit the arbor are good in many ways because first of all they are strong, can be adjusted to matches triples and can be machined if a groove is worn in them. Still it would be nice to slap a cheap formed metal pulley on. with the keyway already there. There should be or is a place making these.Thx

When I converted my B-210 to a hydro with a cone clutch, I had to change the "drive pulley" for the mower deck since the PTO pulley was a different size/ratio. I checked with the dealer, and the correct 5" pulley was somewhere around $65 unless I'm mistaken -- it was a two-piece cast-iron design with a center arbor and the pulley bolted on with 3 bolts. I ordered a one-piece 5" cast-iron pulley from McMaster-Carr for around $15... You might check with them. They're linked in the Resources section... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

I've been looking for the arbor pulleys on the mower deck (not the PTO/drive pulley) . I can find plenty of 3 1/2" pulleys but all have a substantial collar on them, ie the setcrew is outside the pulley rather than in the groove. That swap would mean I'd have to grind/mill something down so I could still fit the nut on the top of the spindles. Are those arbor pulleys really that hard to come by these days? (3 1/2 OD, 3/4" bore, 3/4" thick) -R

powermax_paul
Actually it was the bearings I was after. But when I tore the deck apart tonite I found one arbor and pulley badly worn to the point that it was wobbling side to side. Luckily I had purchased a spare Simplicity deck from McGill this weekend that had two good arbors in it. The main arbor is still good, but I need to replace bearings. It took a torch, pipe wrench, breaker bar and a lot of sweat to get the nut off the top! The impact wrench wouldn't even budge it. Wasn't really rusted. Must have just been a good healthy farm boy from Lexington, SC that put it together! Paul

The pulleys for the mower spindles are readily available at any Agco or simplicty dealer the originals were cast iron and the replacements are steel,they are not too expensive. Cal