Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Manuals/Literature from Simplicity site

BDSchmidt

I have been searching through the technical material at the Simplicity site with a vast array of manufacturers numbers from tractors and implements that I have and have yet to find one that is online. When the search is done it shows some that say PDF file not available, or view pdf file. Everytime I choose to view the pdf file, it acts like its downloading 1%, 2%,3% etc,etc but gets to about 5% then jumps to 100% and I get nothing at all or a screen that says the document is not online. Has anyone successfully downloaded something from this site? Does something need to be set differently on my computer to get the files?

Is Adobe reader on your computer and properly configured? http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html

Dutch, Yes, Adobe acrobat 4.0 is on the machine and comes up when I donwload .pdf files from other sites. Is there a different version that I should have?

I successfully downloaded a number of documents a couple of week ago. So I know my reader and setup are OK. But lately I have been getting the same result as you'all. I think the site builders and writers are still playing with the content and somehow muffed it up. It would be much better, in my opinion (whats my opinion worth, thats another question) they should reference to the model number rather than the product number. Maybe later it will be better than now. DaveG

BDSchmidt, I had the same problem that you had a few months back. I gave up on the website as they didn't have a lot of the manuals that I was looking for. I then searched thru this website and got all of the manufacturers numbers for the manuals that I wanted. Tiller, Heavy-duty Tiller, Cultivator, Grader Blade, Spring Tooth Cultivator, Plow, Dozer Blade, Snow Blower, Tractor Owners Manual, Repair manual. After getting all of these numbers together I called the Simplicity Publications number that is also listed here on the site and talked to a very nice, very helpful person who went over all of what I wanted and ordered them for me. Around $55.00 and 3 days later, they were in my mailbox. In my opinion, well worth the money. I am trying to get access to a scanner here at work, if I can, I plan to scan these to file and forward them to the club for everyones use. Good Luck, MadMike

I have downloaded manuals on my AGCO918,SIMPLICTY new tiller and my lawncart. agco918 chad e shafer CHAD E SHAFER(AGCO918)

5.0.5 free version now available. [url]http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html?awe_1010[/url] This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

I had the same problem when I went looking for a manual for my AC 914S (7114S). I discovered that the site links were not always accurate. I found that by noticing the file name it was looking for and the deleting everything in the ADDRESS block of my browser it would bring up a directory listing of the site and I could find the file I needed. There were at least 3 of the manuals I was looking for that I found this way. Also, in general I noticed that Attachments have a file with "AT" in them, Regency = "RG", Legacy = "LT" you get the picture. Hope it helps, Will

Here is a link to get you directly into the file system at Simplicity. This lists every document available currently by document number. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/ The problem is that you need to have some idea of the document number for the manual you want. Happy surfing.............. DaveG

I appreciate everyone's help. DaveG, I went to the site you list armed with the numbers I need but unfortunately the same problem occurs from this site as does from the simplicity site. I guess it must be something with the site, not my computer. BDSchmidt

I spent several hours last night opening literally hundreds of those files, mostly "AT" and "SV" (Sovereign) looking for odd attachments, ie. tire chains, etc. they all opened and all printed.

The Technical Publications Master Catalog is at: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_1386_PubsCatalog.pdf

Thanks, Ford, for that link to the Master Catalog. I updated the description of the Link in the Resource section to include this direct link also. Great find! The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Ford, I'd like to thank you also. I asked Simplicity if I could buy a Master Catalog several times in the past, and was told one didn't exist and/or it was not for sale. It's on my PC now.

FORD, YOU JUST MADE MY DAY. WENT CROSS EYED GOING THROUGH THE SITE YOU PROVIDED. FOUND EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED...7116H PARTS MANUAL. JOHNP

For what its worth, I upgrade to the newer version of Acrobat reader, plus learned to download the desired file to my computer first, ( from the list given earlier in this message thraed) and now I have no problems . Thanks to all that helped!

After reading this note and taking in the pointers I take a good long look for the publications I want for my newly purchased Landlord 2110. I wanted TP-973 and TP-1319 (Thanks to Ford for making it easy to decide which ones I want). Of course after sifting through for 20 minutes they weren't there. I guess for a tractor that is 34 -35 years old I would have been absolutely shocked if it was there!! :) Next question, how do I figure out the mfg # of the mower deck, or is everything I need to know about it included in the tractor's manuals?? P.S. This site is just great!!