Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JCS

Need HELP!

JCS
I removed the "bad" 18 hp Kolher OHV motor from the AC 718H MFG #1690367 and replaced it with a Kohler 16 hp from an AC 716H MFG# 1690014. I "assumed" this would be an evan swap......Ha...... The wireing harness on the 16 hp was cut and hacked and taped many times but the chassis tractor harness was good shape. HOWEVER I got too many wires at the motor end and the colors in the plug end are not correct!!!! Do I need to buy a 716 wiring harness? Do I need to buy a new ignition switch? Can I switch the wire arrangement in the plug end? At the motor end I need a RED that goes to a circut breaker and then the + side of the selnoid BLUE goes to starter selniod which is a single post selnodie BLACK goes to the + side of the coil YELLOW goes to the bottom of the big aluminum regulator. If you lay the plug on its large flat side on the 716 BOTTOM LEFT is yellow, BOTTOM RIGHT is red and goes to the extra power board, UPPER LEFT is red and goes to the amp guage, UPPER RIGHT is black, and the TOP is white? ------ '...........' '............... ' <------ PLUG ON LARGE FLAT SIDE -------------- If you lay the plug on its large flat side on the 718 BOTTOM LEFT is red and goes to the extra power board, BOTTOM RIGHT is yellow, UPPER LEFT is black, UPPER RIGHT is red and goes to the amp guage, and the TOP is purple