Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What Model Simplicity Do I Have

tet6t8

I recently aquired a Simplicity tractor and implements. The tractor has no numbers or stampings thI can find except for the Simplicity decal on the hood and around the shift lever. The tractor is all red(apperars to be orginal paint)and has a briggs and stratton engine(also can't find numbers on engine).The only tag on the engine is Easy Spin Starting. Below is a link to pictures. Navigate to the Simplicity Tractor folder. From my research this appears to be about a 7013 model,but have been unable to confirm it. Any help greatly appreciated. R.Hatch Stafford,Va http://communities.msn.com/HatchHendersonFamilyPhotos/simplicitytractor.msnwat (Photo Link)

Well, if you could get the #'s off the engine it would help. I'd say 3410, 7010 or 7013. The skinny tires tell me it's a landlord and the hood from 73-75 roughly if it is original. The hood decal is much much later, so it is not original. Brent

Hi Rusty, check pic of Sim, also looks like my GT 811....Great pics on your site.....BTW does your screen name refer to RVN 68......Art Can't get the darn pic to load.....Sorry, I'll keep trying..... [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1975/system_7010.htm[/url]

Someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to be a 7010. The 3300 series had a generator light and a belt type PTO clutch. The 3400 series had a generator light and a cone type PTO clutch, so that rules out those two series. I'm not sure, but I believe that the 7013 was available only as a shuttle. This tractor has a straight 3-speed. Though I can't see it clearly, the cylinder head configuration appears to be that of a 10 horsepower Briggs. I have never seen a 7000 series with this paint scheme. It appears that the hood has been repainted, and current Simplicity hood decals installed. Pat

Rusty, Briggs stamped the engine numbers very lightly into the engine shroud (sheet metal). Use some fine sandpaper and with a bright light you will see them. Those numbers will tell quite a bit if it's the original engine. http://www.briggsandstratton.com/MainSite.asp?rsvp=0&CategoryID=61&PARENTID=7&LRID=1&EPAGE=/main/RealBriggs/WebSite/NA/EN/support_maintenance/Locate1.mb&MSCSSID=1234 http://www.briggsandstratton.com/MainSite.asp?CategoryID=61&lrID=1&ParentID=7&MSCSSID=1234&MB=&EPAGE=/main/RealBriggs/WebSite/NA/EN/support_maintenance/number.mb&l=0

Rusty, you have a 1972 to 1974 Landlord. You have the cone clutch which rules out 1971. The hood is one that had the headlights on the side if it had headlight. With the straight 3-speed and narrow tires I would guess a Landlord or Baron vs. a Sovereign. The 7000 series would have the headlights in the grill.

MikeES - the '75 7000 series had the same hoods as the 3400 series. They changed in '76. See "New in 1975" on simpletractors. With all the info in, it looks like you have a 1975 Simplicity 7010 with a paint job. Brent

My thanks to all posted for their help. Now for my next trick I need to get this bad boy running. Think I just need an ignation armature. Have to take the engine off to get to it so it will be a good time to go over it to find any numbers. Thanks again for all your help. Art: The screen name does refer to RVN. 66-68 USMC

Brent Thanks for the DIY page info. Yesterday I gathered up all the parts needed to convert,except for the plug/coil wire and was ready to start bright and early this morning.But,it is raining!!! I should not complain we really need the rain here. I had to order the copper core plug wire from a local small engine place.It only comes in 10 foot lengths.But it is only 7 bucks. Got a coil from an old hot rod project(accel brand).Should really be hot enough. Thanks again everyone for your help. Will post further info.and picts.as the project progresses. R.Hatch Stafford,Va. Never try to teach a pig to sing,it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

It runs!!! I did the 12 volt ignition converson from the DIY page and it worked like a champ. Now have great spark. Had to work on the carb as the tractor had been setting for some time.It finally started and ran good. Still have to get a rebuild kit and do the carb right for it to be 100%. The more I work on this tractor the more I find it has been reworked before. The decal around the shifter showes a 4 speed gear pattern,but it is a three speed with reverse where the 4 is on the decal. When I took off the dash plate I found the amp.meter was not hooked up and it had a socket for a light hanging loose behind the battery.Maybe some type of battery or charging light. I'll get the carb.kit today and the adventure will continue. Brent thanks for the link to the DIY page it was a great help. R.Hatch Stafford,Va. Never try to teach a pig to sing,it wastes your time and annoys the pig.