Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler KT19 carb missing part

mbsengineer

I bought a second 7119 recently because I'm having recurring engine issues with my old one.  The carb on my new one is different from my old one.   There is a hole in the corner which aligns with a hole below it in the engine shroud.  (see attached pictures)  It appears there should be some kind of tube to connect the 2 holes.  Is that correct?  If so, any idea on that part description or part number?  Any major issue with just not replacing it?

IMG_3252.JPEG

IMG_3251.JPEG

IMG_3254.JPEG

IMG_3253.JPEG

Go to wheelhorseforum.com and download the IPL for the Kohler KT19 Series II engine.

According to the IPL, the Air Intake Tube is Kohler P/N 47 134 02-S. Part is still available and there are some on Ebay.

There may be a reason why the air intake tube is missing. For example, the Kohler Command and Triad blower fans force air into the air cleaner. The tractor frames are open above the mower deck and the blower fan forces grass clipping into the air cleaner housing. I have plugged the (2) rear blower to air cleaner ducts on both of my Commands to prevent this. FYI, I have no experience with the KT series.

Edited by Bill725
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill725 said:

I have plugged the (2) rear blower to air cleaner ducts on both of my Commands to prevent this.

Did you use Kohler plugs:

64f123ebda978_KohlerCHAirCleanerPlug.jpg.ba1e39feb82791e050c8bf6a93311374.jpg

Or Kohler anti-ice guard:

AntiIceBafflea.jpg.1afe7477844ba33510d981335d5120da.jpg

(Kohler Part #54 755 06-S)

Or make your own?

2 hours ago, Bill725 said:

the ice guard will not fit the Sovereign as the tab with the sticker hits the gas tank and or battery.

I wasn’t aware of that issue when I bought mine - so bent the tab straight down. There’s enough room to slide it in place but can only use one screw on the battery side. 

Thanks all.  I couldn't find anything on wheelhorseforum.com regarding the KT19 part numbers, but I found the part number on another website ... which was the same as what you posted.  Bought one off eBay.

Appreciate the help!

• Like 1