Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Can brinly attachments fit 2012?

hrock

One of my neighbors has had some brinly attachments.plow,disk harrow and small cultivator on his front lawn that he is trying to get rid of and i was wondering if they can be adapted to fit on the hitch of my 2012?

You'll need the optional sleeve hitch adapter and the rear lift group, but yes, they'll fit. Your tractor may already have the rear lift group already installed. Sleeve hitch adapter: http://simpletractors.com/images/hitch_adaptor.jpg Rear lift group: http://simpletractors.com/do_it/rear_hitch.htm The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Glad you posted that hitch picture Kent, I had the post # filed on the old site and been wondering how I was gonna find it now. Can I type 'old post # so and so into the new search? haven't played around here much yet as the midnite sun has been burnning long and I barly , if I do make it though reading all the posts. seems I get less read on meal times...MPH

Kent, thanks for the info.i do have the rear lift that accepts the rod so may look into getting hitch adapter.would i find this part at my local simplicity dealer or elsewhere?and what might that run$?

MPH -- no, you can't search by the message ID number, since all of them changed when moved into the new clubhouse. But, the search function here will search both the old messages and the replies to them (the old would not search replies). Just make sure to check the box to "Search the Archives".... hrock -- I don't think that the old-style adapters like you need are still available from the dealers. But there is a newer style that can be assembled by ordering the individual parts. Maynard (UCD) or someone just did that and posted the part numbers -- try searching for it. Dave Christensen (DLCentral) and others have been making and selling reproductions of the old-style ones... I don't remember the exact price, but somewhere in the $35-$50 range, as I recall.... You may want to post a Want Ad.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Kent, the post #'s is one thing I miss here, is there any way they could be added without much hassle??You done enough work on this site as is and as I grow acustom to it I'm liking most of it...thanks..MPH

Copy of previous post Just picked up my new brinley hitch aka sleeve hitch from my local Simplicity dealer. you can not order it as a complete unit one part #. Here are the part #s to order. 1ea 1675373 clevis assy. $65.70 1ea 1716179 pin hitch $17.75 1ea 154304 yoke $7.00 1ea 1603816 plate stabilizer $8.85 1ea 1604349 lift rod 10.20 you will also need if you want every thing new. 4ea 176012 spring clips (Quick pins) 3ea 155037 attaching pins 2 5/8x11x2 1/2 bolts and nuts 1 cotter pin 1 paid $109.50 for the five main parts. My dealer thew in the bolts,nuts,pins,sping clips and cotter pin. Alot cheaper than $156.00 plus shipping on ebay. i also picked up a pto drive kit-rear Part #1685225 to clear the belt from the filter for $30.00 This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD