Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord Resurection

Austin

Finally, after months, decided to dig the Landlord out of hiding. It turns over pretty well after a different starter and cleaning up where it grounds. I got it to fire and run once but not again after that. It’ll be a good running machine I hope. I have a Nelson muffler on the shelf and a light bar incoming. As well put the 917 Hydro into the corner as it'll be awhile till I can deal with it's problems.

thumbnail_image0.jpg

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image2.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chris727 said:

Is that a Vickers or a Sunstrand hydro in the 2012?

Short angled down air shroud says its likely a Sundstrand

• Like 2

@Chris727 and @Bill725, it is a cobble of a little bit of everything. And one of them is not a 2012. It has the trans, seat pan, and 16hp briggs from a Simplicity 7016. The frame of an Allis B210. Then the dash, grill, hood, sides, steering wheel, and shifter tunnel cover of a Simplicity 101 Landlord. It originally had a square tank hydro from the same 101, but @rokon2813 removed it years ago.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Austin said:

@Chris727 and @Bill725, it is a cobble of a little bit of everything. And one of them is not a 2012. It has the trans, seat pan, and 16hp briggs from a Simplicity 7016. The frame of an Allis B210. Then the dash, grill, hood, sides, steering wheel, and shifter tunnel cover of a Simplicity 101 Landlord. It originally had a square tank hydro from the same 101, but @rokon2813 removed it years ago.

Thank you for the clarification. I was certain that it had the round hood. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Thank you for the clarification. I was certain that it had the round hood. 

You were definitely correct on the round hood, just off on the model.

2 hours ago, Brettw said:

Did you work at the Simplicity factory?  Looks kinda like Johnny Cash's Cadillac......

I did not work at Simplicity, but I can see the reference. Definitely and interesting brainchild the more you look at it. If anyone needs in-depth photos of the foot hydro control and can get some; just let me know.

• 1 month later...

More progress and some pictures. It has a new drive belt, fuel line, fuel filter, air filter, and bgb oil. I have the hydro trans filter just need to get fluid. I as well have done some cleaning to the chrome and dash area. The throttle issue I believe I have figured out. I had to drastically cut back the throttle cable-travel. I also think the cable must now be shortened, but it should work well here soon. The hydro will need cleaned well, I took the relief valves out because they were stuck and cleaned the bracket while I was at it. About an inch of grease/funk over everything, took me about 20 minutes to find the bolts! I will make sure to update. 

IMG_6141.jpeg

IMG_6142.jpeg

72005151322__52B41724-A402-4500-B100-ED31277FED08.jpeg

IMG_6152.jpeg

IMG_6154.jpeg

IMG_6155.jpeg

IMG_6156.jpeg

IMG_6157.jpeg

IMG_6158.jpeg

IMG_6159.jpeg

IMG_6160.jpeg

IMG_6161.jpeg

IMG_6162.jpeg

IMG_6163.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris727 said:

Looks good! 

Thanks Chris! I should also mention that if starts and stays running now. Engine got new oil as well.

• Like 3