Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Old Dealership Ad

Viva-la-B-110

Viva-la-B-110

No sure how much interest this will generate, but I just came across this scan of what I believe to be a business card from the dealership that my B-110 was originally bought at.image.png.0a0d184fea84507ffccb991b17e93977.png

• Like 3

I've bought a couple tractors where the original owner kept all the sales paperwork and receipts, along with maintenance receipts in with the manuals.  It's great reference knowing what was done to the tractor during its life.  But it's also very interesting to see where the purchase took place, the cost breakdown, and even look up if the business still operates and what they sell now.

• Like 2

Viva-la-B-110

I was always told my grandparents paid $865 for the tractor and deck. As everyone here knows, there's a page in the back of the manual with a checklist for the dealer to fill out before delivering the machine. This is all filled out, dated April 20th, 1968 (a Saturday) and signed by the tech that did the work. They lived close enough to the dealer that my grandfather actually drove it home down the side of the highway. After my interest began, my mother told me she remembered standing in their yard and watching the cars passing him as he came down the road. 

The dealer's building is still there and was a machine shop and an airgas place for a while but is now abandoned. 

image.png

• Like 3