Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmer Big Ten fuel cap

Martin D

Hi, all I am a new member restoring my newly acquired Big Ten. I am looking for a parts supply house for odd bits and pieces trans seals engine parts ignition switch gas cap to name a few. It seems like I have to look all over the place. I took off the 2 speed gear set off the right rear axle it was missing some parts like the shift lever probably other parts also it is available to a good home. I would like to add head lights if anyone has the bracket and lights let me know. I had it running last week and ran it thru the gears. Might have a lite rod rattle I will check during the resto. Someone added an electric rear lift, and it seems to work. I look forward to reading the other posts lots of great info. Thanks

• Like 1

Welcome to the club.  I moved your post here where it will get more exposure and answers.  

5 hours ago, Martin D said:

I am looking for a parts supply house for odd bits and pieces trans seals engine parts ignition switch gas cap to name a few.

Try Sandy Lake Implement, ask for Brenda:

https://www.sandylakeimp.com/

• Like 2

Welcome to the Club! The cap was still available from Simplicity last time I checked and there was also someone selling them on eBay. Most of the mechanical parts of the Big Ten will cross to the Simplicity Landlord 101.  Please feel free to post pictures of your project if you wish. 

• Like 1

Here are some pics. Who ever installed the lift welded a bracket to the steering tower and cut a half circle in front of the shifter housing and ran it back under the seat. It goes up or down by reversing the polarity. Sorry for the pics I didn’t think I would be showing them to anyone😎 and thanks for the info about parts. 

IMG_6839.jpeg

IMG_6838.jpeg

IMG_6837.jpeg

IMG_6926.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chris727 said:

That is an interesting adaptation with the electric lift. Tractor looks pretty straight. 

Maybe it's just the way I'm looking at it, but it seems to run strictly the rear lift? While the strong arm would still run the raising and lowering of the deck? Either way I agree, a very interesting adaptation.

40 minutes ago, Austin said:

Maybe it's just the way I'm looking at it, but it seems to run strictly the rear lift? While the strong arm would still run the raising and lowering of the deck? Either way I agree, a very interesting adaptation.

Yes just the rear

IMG_7194.jpeg

IMG_7193.jpeg

• Like 1

A Square tank lift?  That is a rare bird indeed. 

I seemed to remember that they leaked? and Simplicity did a recall on the units.

At least my fuzzy memory, maybe someone else can confirm?

I believe that electric lift actuator may be for a JD110/112/200 series equipped with electric lift. I had a couple of those lifts years ago. 

• Like 1

Actually Greg.

image.thumb.png.b6b0b4e95851a2babcc57b50f2ce5bf0.png

And yes the Square lift pump tank. The fuel tanks can leak, but usually involve rust issues.  While the tractor is apart, give the bottom of the fuel tank a good look.