Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Plowing Update...

Viva-la-B-110

Viva-la-B-110

So, I finally got our winter garden broken up... technically speaking but I'd be embarrassed for anyone to see the job that I did. Which leads me to what is probably a ridiculous question, but as I said in my previous post about this, it's my first time with a plow of this design (ie, the adjustments are on the plow not the tractor). On the plow I have the drawbar end on it is as a twist in it, so that when the plow is hooked up to the tractor it sits at a sharp angle. I didn't think much of this since it's correct for full size tractors but after the horrible job I did breaking the ground, I did some more research and in every picture of one of these plows there does not seem to be a twist in the drawbar end. So my question is, is that correct or was it something that a previous owner modified?

Viva-la-B-110
1 hour ago, Bill725 said:

FB_IMG_1698684932071.jpg

I would have loved it if my situation was like that. No matter how I adjusted things (jacking up one side of the tractor, changing out moldboards, coulter on and coulter off, etc) it was just a mess. I don't know what I was doing wrong.