Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7013S differential failure

gatotten

The right side, inside portion, of the differential housing broke and the tractor will not drive.  I have removed the outer portion, but the remaining planetary gear and the broken portion won't budge.  I suspect that they are held back by the keys on the shaft.  I don't want to break anything else by hammering or pulling on it.  Suggestions or tips?  Also, what is the part #/ name that I need?  Is another Simplicity model's transmission interchangeable? 

16 minutes ago, gatotten said:

Isn't this the same site?   When I Google Talking tractors it takes me back to this site.

Same site, different forum.

There's a recent post about differentials - I'll see if I can find it for you - It might answer some of your questions.  

• Like 1

If you can upload a few pictures, it will help us to help you.  The differential housing itself is fairly heavy duty stamped steel and I am not sure I understand how it broke.  There are some cast collars with keyways, and other parts, but pictures will help get good answers.

• Like 1

I don’t know anything about the rear end or if it’s the same but I have a 3415s rear end . It does need a new slip differential though. 

• Like 1