Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powr’Max Blade Size

Dutch

The 42” serrated grader blades I posted on eBay did quite well. I’ll probably be ordering more. I also received several inquires about larger blades for sub-compact and compact tractors. Some were interested in 54” blades, others in 60” blades. Can any Powr’Max users tell me the difference in those blade widths (besides 6”)? Is one more popular than the other? Are there other limitations or considerations?

Herb, I haven't burned the time to check it out yet but I question the ablity to get a 30 degree angle under a powermax. The space between the front and back tires is only 2 inches longer then the 112 and it would take a 60 inch blade to clear my tires. I'm not accurate on my guestamations as I was discussiong the concept while on the phone with my bro in colo after sending him pics of the grader blade on the 112. Had a hard time convincing him that Simplicity was getting 30 degrees angle on a belly blade on these old foot draggers. I would think the 60 inch would be amost standard on the subcompacks. some 2nd cup of coffee ramblings..MPH