Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro Oil Filter - finally

Hick

I've touched on this before, and got confused. Mainly because Simplicity, Agco Allis, & Deutz Allis all have different #s. And if you try to cross-reference to Wix, Purolator, or other brands you get a several conflicting numbers. I finally got a Fram engine oil filter; while it fits, I've been told here that it restricts the flow.
We were in Loup City (one of my four hometowns) today. Driving through I saw the Agco dealership. I remembered going in there a couple years ago and saw they were a Simpliciy dealer. Stopped in, apologized for wearing the "wrong" hat (John Deere!)  and asked for the hydro filter for a Sunstar. She looked it up, went back to the Old Parts shelf, and came back with the one filter on the shelf! 
While she was making out the ticket, I mentioned that my favorite tractor on the farm was the Allis 7060 that we bought from them in 1981, even though we grew up on John Deere. And that my Dad & brother hated it, so I got to run it the most! An older lady came out and asked if I still had the 7060. I said that my brother had it.  When I said my last name she remembered Dad & Jerry. We talked about the old days for a bit.
For some reason, these mild fall days give me a wist-ful feeling of reminiscing. Hard to describe, but "homesick" is a close word. So we took the long way home, on blacktop county roads with fields being harvested, and those that are done.  A good day for a drive . . . 
Back to the filter: Now to remove the Fram and put on the Simplicity!
(I had to hyphenate wist-ful because if I didn't, the censoring program put in wi***l !!)

Edited by Hick
  • Like 1

"the censoring program"  .......  I find those editing help "features" very annoying and time consuming rather than saving.  Have to check everything to make sure they haven't substituted something they think was meant and then find a way to correct their correction.  Sometimes find have sent out a message that's inadvertently messed up.

Sounds like you had a great driving and rewarding day.

• Like 1

I figured it out: The letters  s t f u within the word create an acronym that is vulgar and offensive. But being part of a legitimate word should keep it from censoring! 

54 minutes ago, Hick said:

I figured it out: The letters  s t f u within the word create an acronym that is vulgar and offensive. But being part of a legitimate word should keep it from censoring! 

Interesting, I can type:

wistful 

on this site using a Dell PC and no "censoring" issue. 

Must be the device or software you're using.  

PS - STFU  - can also be typed without issue.   

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, PhanDad said:

Interesting, I can type:

wi***l 

on this site using a Dell PC and no "censoring" issue. 

Must be the device or software you're using.  

PS - ***  - can also be typed without issue.   

Using an ancient refurbished HP commercial on Chrome. 
Must be something on my end: Your quote was censored!!
Strange . . . 

Edited by Hick

6 hours ago, Hick said:

Must be something on my end: Your quote was censored!!
Strange . . . 

The DOJ, FBI, NSC and any other 3-letter federal agency is monitoring you.

• Haha 1