Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

auction buys from leroy il

s_stephen

picked up this allis 616, simplicity 9020, 3 point boom, and parts from the auction yesterday. new sovereign rear weight bracket. and 3 new in bags steering wheel spacers for b110 b112 tractors, new powermax pto clutch and new rear pto shaft.also met Mike Brown, Brad Staber, and @ShaunE at the sale. made for some good compotition buying things. great guys to talk to and had a good time.20231126_111603.thumb.jpg.e867b0a00d067b9c0e9ce03c7e97f789.jpg20231126_111634.thumb.jpg.9a1da032cf1c66677796aef32ad684eb.jpg20231126_111649.thumb.jpg.b914e53e0a94891e4ca2f5787cf92133.jpg20231126_111732.thumb.jpg.7ca2c438fb952ba1aeef81e60af73484.jpg20231126_111742.thumb.jpg.a60d2ffc8af64efc5bb4853a1675a0e5.jpg

• Like 7

Good to see you got some good finds! That seat looks great. I knew several people going. I really would have liked to go, if anything, just to visit with everyone but I had a family event in the afternoon and with 43 tractors here, really didn't need anymore. I probably would have bought all of the HB's and maybe a sunstar 48" deck if there was one. I had stopped at Leroy Farm and Lawn on my way out to the LaPorte, IN show back in 2014. They closed several years ago. 

IMG_0582.thumb.JPG.b356d0d0d58bde90af4d2ec4746c5d34.JPG

• Like 3

I wasn’t going to go until the night before after being asked by Mike & Brad. I’m glad I did. More stuff than advertised. I made a point to find Stephen before it started so we had an idea of what we were each after. Having never met him before I got super lucky & overheard him talking to someone about his Twin 20. I stopped dead in my tracks & introduced myself immediately. I feel as if the 4 of us went the extra mile in organizing parts lots & mating pieces together where there was a lot of disorganization. The family & the auctioneer were very appreciative of Stephen & them boys from Wes-con-sen & I was glad to be in attendance, meet Stephen, talk smack & find some great pieces. Deck & fenders for P-max all restored & quite a few NOS Onan parts. I can see why these auctions can be dangerous on the wallet & valuable real estate. Thanks a million @Chris727 for posting the auction link.

Edited by ShaunE
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, ShaunE said:

I wasn’t going to go until the night before after being asked by Mike & Brad. I’m glad I did. More stuff than advertised. I made a point to find Stephan before it started so we had an idea of what we were each after. Having never met him before I got super lucky & overheard him talking to someone about his Twin 20. I stopped dead in my tracks & introduced myself immediately. I feel as if the 4 of us went the extra mile in organizing parts lots & mating pieces together where there was a lot of disorganization. The family & the auctioneer were very appreciative of Stephan & them boys from Wes-con-sen & I was glad to be in attendance, meet Stephan, talk smack & find some great pieces. Deck & fenders for P-max all restored & quite a few NOS Onan parts. I can see why these auctions can be dangerous on the wallet & valuable real estate. Thanks a million @Chris727 for posting the auction link.

Happy to be a tractor ENABLER.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

Thanks for posting the pics @s_stephen.

Now where are the @ShaunE pics? 

And possibly Mike and Brad pics also?  

Mike got the rest of the powermax tractors 1 of the danco mowers and some other parts. Brad got some engine parts, Shaun got the restored p-max deck and fenders and some nos onan parts. 1 guy from missouri got 1 of the danco mowers the tiller and 2000 to 540 pto gearbox but we made him pay for them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, PhanDad said:

Now where are the @ShaunE pics?

Here ya go Bill.

Got back home about 1900 hrs. Lifted the deck off Mike’s trailer & set it on the ground with the fenders. Boxes placed in the garage. Walked in the house in time for the tail end of our Thanksgiving meal. Had two cans of Pabst & went to bed. Left for work @ 0600 hrs. & Mike left for the last 3.5 leg to his home in the snow.

IMG_7528.jpeg

IMG_7529.jpeg

IMG_7530.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, s_stephen said:

1 guy from missouri got 1 of the danco mowers the tiller and 2000 to 540 pto gearbox but we made him pay for them.

We sure did! If he would have only taken the time to work with us on some of this stuff, we all would have spent a bit less. But still well worth the trip in many was. Especially memories.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ShaunE said:

We sure did! If he would have only taken the time to work with us on some of this stuff, we all would have spent a bit less. But still well worth the trip in many was. Especially memories.

Yeah I think he certainly didn’t see you guys coming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2