Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

26/9/12 tires on 990314 Simplicity

Jr.lll

Will AG tires 26/9.0/12 tires work on my 990314 Simplicity tractor. I realize I would be unable to use mowing deck. My question, I have the 32” heavy duty tiller on  the tractor with mule drive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I can’t answer your question, but if you are putting taller tires on the increase clearance under the tractor keep in mind that if the larger tires are two inches taller the tractor will only be one inch higher.

One inch of the increased tire height will be below the axel (and thus increase the clearance) and one inch of increased tire height will be above the axel (and potentially rubbing on a fender). 

Many people seem to think a two inch tire means the tractor will sit two inches higher when in fact the tractor will only sit one inch higher. 

990314 is a Landlord 9 with a 3-piece seat pan. The OEM tire is 23" diameter.  I have 23X10.50-12 ag tires on a 2012 with no interference. When I put the same size ag tires on my 725, I cut reliefs on the bottom of the seat pan and fender and had to add 1/2" wheel spacers to clear. I am guessing going from a 23" to a 26" diameter tire, adding 1-1/2" on the radius, there will be too much interference and unable to provide clearance without raising the seat pan.

• Like 1

Thanks Bill, I greatly appreciate your info, I’m going to try to find a pair of ag 23/8.5/12 tires. Tractor doesn’t have a lot of clearance between tire and tiller engagement spring and rod. Again, Thank You.

• Like 2