Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7016H Question

CGram

The spring which provides the tension for my brake/clutch pedal is MIA. However the part at the dealer does not match the part number in my parts manual. Is there a 7016H owner who could check the dimensions of that spring ( length and dia)? Also, the parts manual does not indicate where that spring attaches - one end to the brake pedal assembly, but what does the other end attach to ? TIA, Chuck

The spring on my 77 AC 716H (same as 7016H) is about 1 inch diameter and around 4 & 1/2 long (not counting the hooks on the end. This is just an eyeball guess, didn't have a tape measure with me. It hooks between a bracket attached to the transaxle side plate and another plate that fits over the belt idler shaft. This spring sits vertically between these two brackets and pulls the idler upward. As far as I know, this is the only spring on the assembly. Of course it is dark outside and I looked with a flashlight. Rod H.

My parts manual shows a Part # 121037 spring on both the clutch rod and brake rod and a Part # 154369 spring on the clutch assy. one end of this spring is attached to the bolt that goes though the pully assy that is attached to the lever assy idler bracket it is a horse shoe shaped bracket it doesn't show the other end. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

I checked my parts manual which is for a Simplicity 7016 (1977). The two springs are 121037. I checked my tractor today. I have neither of them on my machine, yet everything works fine. Of course mine has been torn apart and reassembled from parts of several tractors, they could have been overlooked and left out. The only spring that I have is the 154369 that I mentioned in the previous reply. Rod H.