Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New briggs

aaaaahhh a brand new motor...How nice, better than, ..choclate. Is there a break in period for a New briggs vanguard? I used to hear about breaking things in alot, i dont anymore. Dougm

Doug, I wouldn't worry about that, but I recommend that the oil be changed warm after the first 5 hours. That helps to get the initial "wear in" items out. The new cylinder and ring materials and finish are much better than they used to be. Check the oil regularly. Note some of the new Kohlers with the hard cylinders may take quite a few hours fot the rings to seat. Occasionally up to 75 hours. Good luck, Al Eden

Doug Doug Doug--ops, Way to go Doug now the fun starts, you better take it easy on that baby.Those new toys dont come are way very often. Have fun.---Ron B

Ron, evidently youve got the same brand keyboard Herb uses. I wonder if it would be a good time to start with synthetic oil??????????????????? Doug

Doug Not unless you don't ever want those rings to seat. Wait till after the break in period then switch to synthetic oil. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD