Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity made Massey Ferguson

Ron L

Did Simplicity ever make lawn tractors for Massey Ferguson?   I came across a pic of one but I don't know if someone just changed the paint and decals on it.    

MF Simplicity.JPG

Simplicity made the MF 2818H from 1995-99. The OEM power steering was offered in 1997-99. It is the same as the Simplicity Sovereign. 1995-97 were powered with the Kohler Command CH18 and 1998-99 were powered with the Kohler Triad TH18. Not sure what engine is powering your tractor. Many of the Triads have been replaced.

Looks like a 42" snow thrower has custom made front wings. As I have never seen one like it.

• Like 2

@Bill725 is spot on.  

Here's the cover page for the parts manual for the tractors that are like the one you pictured:

65a6ec203b87e_Sov75th1692889PartsCover.thumb.JPG.1c768c98a4628ef67909c761dfe0b760.JPG

I'm thinking the original tractor had a Triad and it was repowered - that would make it a MFG# 1692953 or 1693415.  

• Like 2

SmilinSam

Here an old picture of the 1999 I used to have that I bought new...

large.2818rfrt.jpg.307c04b68e3c825411231

Super nice looking  tractor with the Power Steering. It had the triad in it. After all the hub bub about the triads biting the dust I sold the tractor when the warranty ran out before it started having problems.

• Like 3

SmilinSam

That  was one of the first Johnny buckets made for Simplicity  by John. I sent him all the measurements he needed at the time and bought one when he got them done. That picture was taken after I set it up on the tractor but before it went into use. It was no show queen. I moved  2 single axle dump trucks full of river rock to put around the house under the bushes and such.  Also moved a tandems worth of  road mix gravel to various places. From there did a number of loads of other material.  It got well used. Then I got into the loader tractor scene and sold it. Also had a Buccateer and a converted craftsman front bucke along the way.

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Nice tractors.  By the placement of the oil filter, it appears to have an aftermarket Predator or other engine in there.

11 minutes ago, irvtoms said:

are those factory extensions on the snowblower ? kool!

No, as far as I’m aware.