Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help ID part

Mikeac

Hello

came across these two brackets with the wrong part number on them. Does anyone recognize them, and maybe I can look in the correct parts book for a part number.

thanks

IMG_4676.jpeg

Suppose I could give a background sense I’m new on here and some might not know me.

my grandfather was a allis chalmers new idea farm equipment and lawn an garden dealer from 50s through 89 and continued to maintain customers lawn mowers for many years. 
We have been spending our winters taking inventory of our parts. Because over all those years the old inventory index cards weren’t marked correctly or part wasn’t put back in correct bin. Or our favorite, a part with a special order tag and no card showing it being in stock.

• Like 2

Looks like the roller bar brackets from a 42" mower deck. There is one welded to one side of the roller bar and one,  like each of these,  that slips over the other end of the roller bar.

Could also be from smaller decks. Not from a 48 as those have an angle to them.

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 1

@SmilinSam - That's what I thought also - specifically and AC 300/400 or AC Homelite deck until I looked.  But those bars have holes at the top and bottom:

image.png.9c54c42b590132c1c06d7805be0cbceb.png

The "Sovereign" type decks I'm familiar with don't have the long slot (the slot is in the mounting bracket).  

So the part is a mystery to me.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhanDad said:

@SmilinSam - That's what I thought also - specifically and AC 300/400 or AC Homelite deck until I looked.  But those bars have holes at the top and bottom:

image.png.9c54c42b590132c1c06d7805be0cbceb.png

The "Sovereign" type decks I'm familiar with don't have the long slot (the slot is in the mounting bracket).  

So the part is a mystery to me.  

Hmm...at least I saved myself by stating "looks like", which it does. ( training myself to leave loopholes like that in the case of CRS)

Its got to be for a deck of some kind for the same sort of purpose...my opinion anyhow. If so, I'm guessing all the hardware is on the deck bracket itself that these slide against.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jon Laughlin said:

Sorry. Not commenting on this topic but I am unsure how to start a new topic. I just got a b-212 and it does not have a starter. I am taking the starter from my 110. The configuration of the 212 is a little different than the 110. Anyone out there have any schematics or guidance on the correct wiring?  Thanks. 

Go to the yellow  menu bar  at the top of the page under the Simpletractors logo

Highlight "BROWSE" to see the drop down menu

Click on "forums" in the drop down menu

You will see at the top right of the forums page "Start new topic"

Click on that  and choose the forum -"talking tractors" in your case and go from there

• Like 1

I originally had thought that to. But looked in the parts books and none of the yellow decks seem to look exactly like that. It’s yellow, wouldn’t think it would be other models. The 300s,400s were white decks weren’t they. As I’m typing this wondering what the B-208 style. Looks like or did the original B-1 deck have something different then change it.

I don't think they are long enough to be for a roller bar. What about the Mow-Bee, built by Hahn? 

• Like 1

D120F564-B369-4E34-9D9F-F65B092B2E46.thumb.jpeg.973a624ee047ee17b533a4e8ef6d2f7a.jpeg

5B8BE718-3605-4E49-81B6-6BBECE101488.jpeg.fdc29c2032e3774aa85c37f52f27ffb8.jpeg

The closest thing I could find is reference # 7. 

Part # 2056329. 

May not even be close to what it is. Also checked Scamps and B-206 and didn’t see anything else.