Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A Tractor for Kent

UCD

47hp. Simplicity lawn & garden tractor and retrofit it with a 1977 Volkswagen beetle motor [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2032204686[/url] This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Hey, with the dual-port heads on the 1977 model engine, I could go back to dual carbs and tweak it to easily 100 HP and 6500 RPM without significantly impacting the driveability or reliability of th engine.... Wonder how a Sundstrand and axle tubes would hold up to that? It looks like he's using part of the original bell housing to hold the starter and provide a front PTO. He's actually driving the tractor from the rear crankshaft pulley, so the hot air is all blown forward. I'll bet that was a fun project... It'll never happen for me though... I showed it to the missus and she said a real firm NO! (I've still one "pending purchase" still out there that she counts against my "quota" after she readily and surprisingly agreed to it...") The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

I used to pull against a guy who had a 16Hp Yanmar in a Cub Cadet that had two stages of turbocharging and an intercooler (about 135 Hp). It looked just like a normal Cub till he hit the throttle and created the huge mushroom cloud of black smoke. Quite a wild machine. Rod H.

I would like to know how often the bevel gearbox and axles need to be serviced on this over powered unit.