Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereign PTO Cone Clutch Reline

Bill725

With the Sovereign PTO cone clutch NLA and the brake currently priced at $353 and I expect to be NLA soon, I sent a set to be relined by Brake Materials and Parts located in Fort Wayne, IN. Paint black tomorrow.

PTO Cone Clutch.jpg

Edited by Bill725
  • Like 8

Hello , that is a great solution .   

I have thought about how to create the clutch lining to fit the cone clutch.

But never needed to  do it .     Hope the cost was reasonable.

Thanks Ken in Mi

4 hours ago, maxwood said:

Hope the cost was reasonable.

$103.40 including shipping both ways.

• Like 1

Interesting. Keep us updated on how it works. Was that something that place has done before or was yours the first. Wondering if there going to know what we’re talking about when we call.

dad always talks about one of there old customers having that done.

Edited by Mikeac

Brake Materials & Parts state they have relined these parts before and they knew exactly what I was talking about when I called them. I previously spent a considerable amount of time investigating both friction materials, hot bond adhesives and process to reline myself. Problem is, I am unable to purchase the materials. They use the exact materials and process I was looking at. And they said if there was any problem to contact them.

Edited by Bill725
  • Like 2

Guess when the snow clears, and weather changes, I need to check my inventory.

I think I have one new one, but am sure I have one or more that could be rebuilt.

• Like 2

I recall some members previously using some kind of leather to line these but unsure of the longevity for that repair.!

I've relined with leather a few times.  I bought some thick leather off ebay and adhered with contact cement.  Typically lasts about 3 years or so.  Heavy tiller use shortens the life a little.

BMinor0788

I just sent 4 cones to be relined to Brake Materials and Parts. Scott there is a great guy. I made a post on the FB Group 700 / 900 Series garden tractors about it. I think he'll see a lot of business from us Simplicity owners.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Bill725

Industrial Brake & Clutch Inc. in Seminole, FL is another potential business to reline.