Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front Weight Carrier Identification

ShaunE

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3d214da05fced21aCan anyone assist in identifying this weight carrier. It was installed on a Powermax tractor & fits nicely but definitely marketed for these platforms. It may be altered but nicely done if so.

IMG_7961.jpeg

IMG_7965.jpeg

Edited by ShaunE
Added a second picture.

7 minutes ago, gwiseman said:

It looks similar rear Conquest wt. bracket.  I will take a picture and post here. 

I think the Conquest is the same as this Prestige bracket MFG# 1694312:

IMG_5849.thumb.jpg.b04c2fe1e29b1cfd7c634480344d340f.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

I think the Conquest is the same as this Prestige bracket MFG# 1694312:

IMG_5849.thumb.jpg.b04c2fe1e29b1cfd7c634480344d340f.jpg

You are correct! I just checked 

2 hours ago, PhanDad said:

Might it be this one (Legacy):

I did look at that XL Rear & also the Non-XL Front that are listed. They are definitely similar. Closer resembles the Non- XL front 1692940 with the studs. Both have the diagonal taper & this one doesn’t. Again, could be modified, however none of the edges are sharp & no evidence of uneven grinding to round the edges. The input is always appreciated.

Well it fits perfectly. Mind you I don’t have pins in the back holes which is why it’s listing down in the front. But those studs line up perfectly in the notches in the top of the axle. The original weight carrier for these is a front bumper which held 2 - 5” diameter pieces of round stock 8” in length. 50 lbs. each. This will carry 5 of the Simplicity weights which I can’t see why you would need that much unless pulling a substantially larger plow. However the Woods & Danco rear rotary mowers make the front end lite even with 100 lbs. on the original setup. This carrier is wider than then Legacy XL front bracket by a few inches as the retaining rod is too short to interchange.

Edit - Due to the differences between the Allis hood & Simplicity hood, with the Allis, a 50# weight will only work on the outside ends of the carrier with three of the 30# weights in the center (190#). The Simplicity will accommodate five of the 50# weights (250#).  

IMG_7973.jpeg

Edited by ShaunE
  • Like 2