Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Plow setup help needed on AC Homelite T-16H

Gilmer

Hey guys, i am curious if anyone has a picture and or manual for a Homelite t-16h (electric lift) with a sleeve hitch style plow/disc installed. I have a tiller attachment that is easily installed but i am a but confused on how to setup a plow because it had a sleeve hitch on it and I don't have a sleeve hitch. Thanks in advance 

Assume you are trying to attach a Brinly style moldboard plow. First the tractor needs to have the newer style rear lift with a hole below the tube like pictured for the Brinly hitch lift rod.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186152676547?itmmeta=01HQV0M36X750434S49F7VKW8C&hash=item2b57906cc3:g:OhUAAOSwiGhlSFBk&itmprp=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0AOaSeuNzKP79UlHYXk5sRlS80Rdjz%2Fh2MH%2BkamjGh49t%2FI4Gkt8hCVB%2FRbXWRKys2O%2Bn5M4o7EMrtL6sf2J5NEYEPlkl6FnShXBJv8D2Vysoe0%2FM9LAdkEg1OxmY6dRzQttD9k9%2FaJwdL62LSe%2FVUXOE%2FL8%2FPViZS%2FbV1qmxOLuotweOdsXj7cAwDqbNqYkapG5SbCJ4Mxgiw1bvm2lxaA7HnMbCke%2FQRvRRIylCbIRsAvDEgiPYoNTMN2uYoAIJtFudKtVkeHzCFEOwOLiMsI%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR86z0OC-Yw

Pictured below (courtesy of @Brettw) is a hitch used to attach the Brinly atttachments.

There is also an older style version of the plow where there is a round bar which goes into the rear tube hitch like the tiller with a chain used to lift.

Brinly Hitch.jpg

Edited by Bill725

Welcome to the club.

Here's the Homelite Instruction Sheet:

image.thumb.png.f26945dee5c12c8cf21f81659ae55b7c.png

Note the rectangular opening for the upper hitch point vs the more typical round Simplicity type.  Also the different part numbers for the Clevis Assembly.

Note the hitch shown above by @Bill725 is probably for a Simplicity tractor.  If your tractor is an AC built T-16H, the rear lower hitch spacing will be different (wider) if it is an early AC Homelite.  I'm not sure about the later AC built Homelites ( @SmilinSam ).  I doubt you'd ever find a Homelite wide spaced single point hitch clevis assembly.

If your tractor has the wider spacing it can be converted to Simplicity spacing.  I did this on my early AC built T-12 long ago:

IMG_8250.thumb.JPG.f099529b06441534f33d8e0a83e676f3.JPG

Vs the OEM setup:

image.png.6b16b4ae18a817596545cac8f5f1e49e.png

The draw bar assembly (#11) might be different - I don't remember.  A "Simplicity" one would be easy to find.  

PS - If you join the club ($10 for a year), you can download many AC Homelite manuals in the club's "Downloads" forum including the above single point hitch document.

Edited by PhanDad
Added PS
  • Like 3

Glad to see you joined the group after my recommendation. You’ll find the great people of this group can provide more insight than I did. 

• Like 2

SmilinSam
2 hours ago, PhanDad said:

I'm not sure about the later AC built Homelites ( @SmilinSam ). 

They switched the spacing back to the narrower standard on the late AC versions 73 1/2- 74. Thats also when they switched to the round lift rod instead of the rectangular one. At least thats what all the paperwork I have been privy to suggests.

• Like 2

Wow thanks for the quick responses, I think I'm going to make a beefy sleeve hitch for this. If anyone has some dimensions fir the length of the hitch I would appreciate it, I can figure out the other dimensions. Thanks Austin for the advice and I also paid dues. I'll be posting more issues/questions soon as I am new to this whole vintage tractor thing. Thanks again 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the help. I'm making one now, any ideas on the length of the lift rod for it? I can figure it out if not, but figured I'd ask. Thanks again 

• Like 1

I no longer have the draw bar accessory, but the lift arm from the draw bar to the upper link was adjustable using a turnbuckle. So I don’t think the length is all that important. 

Bill725

FYI, when you set up for a plow, you set the factory rear hitch tube level to ground with the lift down, then set the Brinly hitch level.

Edited by Bill725

• 4 weeks later...

Sleeve hitch I made based on drawing, I used 5/16" flat stock instead of 1/4" and for the actual receiver I used solid 1-1/8" round stock and bored the hole to give it more thickness. I still need to make the arm that connects to the lift, just not sure exactly what length to make it yet, I'm guessing around 10" from 90° bend to bottom of yoke.

20240403_144940.jpg

• Like 8

Oh yeah, ignore the ugly welds on the receiver, it was a tight fit between it and the nuts, so I just layered the weld until I was happy with the support of it lol