Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I'VE GOT A NEW PROJECT

KD6QZX

I just picked up a "SQUIRE" unknown year the ID plate says SQUIRE ARTICLE NO 891250 SERIAL NO 16X2186 MONTGOMERY WARDS USA The second digit in the ARTICLE NO may not be a '9' but its my best guess I have repalced the front rims/tires and have a new set of rear tires coming. I need a new muffler, throtle cable, the part that links the engine to the drive shaft (seems like a rubber joint between two 3" round metal plates). I need the dementions for the wood on the seat and seat back, as well as the electric start (this is a rope start). SCOTT (CA) 60 SOMTHING SQUIRE, 49 FARMALL CUB

scot i dont think your tractor is any newer than 1963. it is basicly simplicity 700 or 725 sold under the wards name. also i think it would be fairly easy to add a starter generater to.the starter generater was an option on the the simplicity so it was probably also optional on your tractor. but these guys know more about it than i do....they should be able to fill you in on it. simplejim

The little rubber thing you are looking for has been repalced by a fiberglass thing. Sandy Lake has them, but if you are trying to stay original, I'll bet SmilinSam or someone else on this site can help you. I have some old seats I will try to measure the wood base for you.

Scott, also if you check one of my earlier post )700 or 725) You should be able to tell the year from the engine numbers. Since it looks just like a 700/725 parts should be easy to find.

I would bet that it is a 59 or 60 model .It has a short post for the steering wheel.The 725 has the taller post.

Looks just like my 61 Wards. I have replaced the rattle joints in the driveshaft with the newer fiberglass flex joints. There are ways to re-make the joints if you want to stay completely original. I modified mine long before I knew about this site, or was even aware that there was a group of guys that were restoring these tractors as classics. My tractor is far from original, with 10.5 Ag tires on rear, 5 spoke mini bike wheels on front, automotive steering wheel, 14 Hp Kohler, one piece seat, motorcycle muffler, late model limited slip rear, and several other changes. It is still a great tractor, and beats the heck of the ones they make now-a-days. Rod H.

Nice looking machine Scott! I have a Simplicity 725 that looks identical. For prats, I've had good luck with 'Sandy lake Implement', one of the clubs advertisers. Good luck! John(ri)

Thanks for all the replys, I have now repaired the gas tank, several pin hole leaks. i have also re built the fuel petcock (leaked like a sive). I checked the engine and is is a 19- 706035 making this a 59/60 as per MCGILL's info. I aslo had to do some welding on the sheet metal around the seat there were some stress cracks, but it's good as new now. I'll post new pics as soon as i get the new tires on. This looked like it was red origionaly, does anyone know what the color code is for the paint? SCOTT (CA) 60 SOMTHING SQUIRE, 49 FARMALL CUB

On your pic its looks to be faded 725 color. Chevy enginge red/orange seems to be a pretty close squirt can match..MPH