Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Site Maintenance Update and Status 03/26/24

Chris727

Chris727

As of 3/24/24, the Site has been updated to the latest version of software available and all applications which had available updates, were updated. Some of these updates may have caused some confusion. The ranking system appears to have restarted from zero so most of us seasoned users are again newbies. The lists you were used to seeing now include icons.  It has been necessary to complete the site updates and maintenance to ensure the Simplicity and Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractor Club platform, and SimpletrACtors.com and its wealth of information remains readily available.  We expect that some of the updates may include things that are not popular or user friendly. Please contact the EC with concerns so that we can ask technicians if corrections  can be made.  Thank You for your patience as we work through technical issues. 

• Like 7

Thanks for the update Chris.

My forum view has gone back to list version, instead of the Icons.

Not a biggy, but I did notice that on the forum page the whats new list does not seem to get bold, if you have not read the post like it used to work.

And it was a little shock to see Kent's time stamp as logged on , Gene did tell me that the techs were using his "super" credentials for changes.

• Like 4

Appreciate the work to keep us up and running.  Changes and updates are always, generally anyway, a stressful hassle.  In the end, everyone adapts and settles in and all is good.  Thanks again.

• Like 4

PhanDad

Great update.

And thanks for all you and the others do to keep this site running. 

• Like 2

Thanks for bringing things up to speed. I get a kick out of all the new badges I'm earning. Makes me feel like a somebody

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
PhanDad

Anyone found a way to get directly to what was call "advance search" in the old software - it was a choice on the pulldown menu.  The advance search feature allows you to specify author and/or tags.  

Now to get there I do a search then a box with "+ More search options" is available on the right side of the screen just below the search box:

searchbox.thumb.jpg.503be84dfc4ba0798cb2a267fcdedd92.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

Anyone found a way to get directly to what was call "advance search" in the old software - it was a choice on the pulldown menu.  The advance search feature allows you to specify author and/or tags.  

Now to get there I do a search then a box with "+ More search options" is available on the right side of the screen just below the search box:

searchbox.thumb.jpg.503be84dfc4ba0798cb2a267fcdedd92.jpg

Assuming I correctly understand what you’re asking. It looks like I still can access it without making a search beforehand.

IMG_7116.png

My only question is, why does the site move so slow?  I have high speed internet, it seems to take forever to navigate.

Mike.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mbinwi said:

My only question is, why does the site move so slow?  I have high speed internet, it seems to take forever to navigate.

Mike.

I have had the same issue lately, slow moving and hard to navigate. Though I have problems just getting the site to load anymore. I thought it was my internet, glad to know it's not just me.

gwiseman

Nature of electronics I think: you work on one issue and while fixing another issue crops up😕.

Badges are gone, credit card payment option available, and most other problems have or are being tackled. Now we jump from the forum to the host services: our cpu usage is running way to high. Working with host services today on slowness🤞

• Like 3

GWGAllisfan

It has been so slow as to almost be unusable. Many times my computer times out before it can enter the site. Same on Mobile- Both IOS and Android

Wow what a difference this am.

Someone found the right button or switch to flip dOd

• Like 5

PhanDad

The need 4 speed has been satisfied!

Thanks to the techies 

• Like 5