Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Original tractor in shipping crate

littlemarv

littlemarv

Didn't I see something awhile back about someone having an old Allis garden tractor still in the shipping crate?  

I know you hear about the " hole in the front axle is for shipping" thing every now and again.

• Like 1

Chris727

Last one I knew of was a 14hp Sunstar in a crate, I believe in Ohio. There were rumors of a crated B-series destroyed by the elements up North somewhere but I've never seen a photo or any confirmation of it. 

• Like 1

About 8-10 years ago I went to Port Washington to purchase a tractor, and the guy had a NOS Triad powered, power steering Sovereign still in the crate, along with a NOS snow blower.  He had a number of incredible tractors (completely filled 2 car garage and a handful carefully stored and protected outside).  He was moving later that year to a farmstead, and I have no idea what happened to him and his horde. As I recall he worked at Simplicity before they closed the plant.

• Like 1

That could be, name sounds familiar.  I would guess his age about now at somewhere in his mid to late 70's?

• Like 1

I can barely remember my dad and grandfather opening the crates of the new DA lawn and garden tractors.

we still have in crate. Some 42” decks, garden cart, cabs, and the allis chalmers lawn sprinkler that pulls itself across lawn. But no full tractors

• Like 1