Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 716 H Hydro filter?

macallis180

macallis180

Can't seem to find in my parts manual, or anywhere on here the actual part # for this filter.  Plenty of posts for Soverign, AGCO/ALLIS and others, but don't know what's correct for this Orange Devil of mine.  Hoping if someone has the correct #, I can get a cross reference to get a current correct filter.

Fluid level is fine, looks good, doesn't smell bad, belt tension is correct and tight, but when I took it out a week or so ago for the first time this spring, it seems to change ground speeds when travelling  with lever full forward with steady engine RPM. (Couldn't use it much last year as engine was bad - among other things). Had engine overhauled during the winter.

Figured I'd change the filter first to see if any changes.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bill725

The remote hydro filter is Simplicity P/N 1650954SM, which is NLA. Crosses over to a Baldwin B163 short 3.88" LG, or B233 long 4.38" LG or Wix 51084 short 4.19" LG or 51068 long 4.34" LG. Change the fluid while you are at it.

• Like 1

macallis180

Thanks.  Will do, once this snow stops!   lol.

SmilinSam
On 4/1/2024 at 3:18 PM, macallis180 said:

it seems to change ground speeds when travelling  with lever full forward with steady engine RPM. 

If its doing this while travelling over uneven terrain, check the tightness of all the bolts holding the bevel gear box into the tractor frame.  When these bolts get loose it lets the tractor frame flex going over uneven terrain. This causes movement in the hydro control at the transmission which changes your ground speed back and forth.

Most of the time its the bolts on the sides(I think 3 each side. However the 4 on the front can also get loose.

• Like 1

macallis180

BGB bolts all seemed to be tight.

Changed filter,  and ran it up in the air slowly fwd and back as recommended, then refilled, dropped jack, ran it around the yard for 5 min or so, and topped off.

Seems to be fine now.

Thanks for all the good advice.  Hope problem is solved for mowing season, now finally with a good engine - $$$.   Lol.

• Like 5