Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MichaelL

Regent Cutting height

MichaelL
My 1997 Regent, even at the maximum cutting height, is a little lower than I like especially now that we're headed for the dog days of summer. I had it in the shop a few months back and asked them to check the cutting height. They said it's right on. Is there any way I can use a bigger bolt or washer on the mechanism that raises the deck to raise it another inch? I saw a posting on the GardenWeb forum where another Regent owner complained about this. This is my only regret about buying this tractor & I'd hate to have to sell it because of this cutting height issue. Appreciate any ideas. THANKS Mike L.

B-Man
I have a 4212 Simplicity (basically same tractor as the regent), and it is the same way. I ended up putting taller tires on it all the way around and made my own rollers out of plastic bar stock. A lathe comes in real handy when making the rollers. Had to have a friend do the machining for me. Brian