Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Seems like a long journey, but almost there!!!

Gilmer

I bought this tractor on 2/7/24, rough shape, didn't run, wouldn't even crank. Lift was seized up, wiring was a mess, front end all jacked up, finally took it out today to the garden. Still have work to do (seat install, stickers, headlight install, and figure out the gear shifter slack, but it's a beast and runs/sounds great. Literally every piece from the tranny forward was taken off, repaired/fabricated, sand blasted and primed and painted. Very exciting and couldn't have done it without this group, so thank you so much

Screenshot_20240324_111902_Facebook.jpg

20240410_180720.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

WOW, without a before picture it would be tough to believe it's the same tractor.  Great job.

• Like 1

Chris727

Very nicely done! I couldn't get a fraction of that done in just two months. 

Thanks! It wasn't originally going to be a restore project but little issues kept popping up and it ended up a big project. Couldn't have done it without this group! I tried keeping everything as close to original as possible minus the paint colors, electronic ignition coil and my little added diamond plate footrests. Very fun project and am going to attempt on redoing the tiller after garden prepping is done.  I think I'm going to give a shot at making new replacement tines and add some to it to get past the wheel base

• Like 1

They did make factory “tiller extensions”. I believe Reed Brandenburg on FaceBook had a set for sale. I believe he also had a tiller that had two sets of extensions for sale as well.