Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
badcars

to try to pull.....

badcars
i have finally finished my homelite t-8, the big engine is in and it does run very well and mow, just rebuilt the carb and it loved it. have the fluid filled tractor type tires. now that i have sold the drag car and have given up street racing, how do i go about geting into some pulling competitioon, maybe a stock altered class. i seem to have plenty of power, i can drag my wrangler with decent traction , if i use the prpper body english. any tips would be helpful,smeone let me know. badcars

jackcobb
Here are two great site's to get you going. Put in WGTPA or Wisconsin Garden Tractor Puller Association. The rule section they have there is pretty much what you will encounter most places. Then type in Brian Miller in your search engine. His site tell's you how to build one from cutting tires, to weights, to hitches, to wheelie bars. Downside, it is all based on a Cub Cadet's though. Oh, put in Super Cub and you'll find a site with a ton of pulling parts for sale. Some that they sell. you can't fab as cheap.

HubbardRA
I've been pulling for 15 years. If I can help you get started just email me at home (hubbaco@1bigred.com) and I will try to answer your questions or put you in touch with someone who can. We pull with the American Garden Tractor Pullers Association and were also pulling with the National Garden Tractor Pullers Association a few years back. My son currently pulls 900lb Stock (14Hp) class, and I used to pull in the 1100 lb Motorcycle engine class. I am currently a track official and Tech Inspector. Rules vary considerably from different pulling organizations, but the basics are the same. Rod H.