Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone out there with landlord 42" deck

landlord2110

landlord2110

I need measurements as seen in the diagram from floor to front middle edge of deck. It seems like I should go lower after mowing. Mine measures 3".20240508_140047.thumb.jpg.d0f2ca04ba930716a879b31ae63f4a51.jpg

ShaunE

When I measure, I go inside the deck & measure the blade height front to back on both sides. Then do the same side to side.

• Like 2

Chris727

The earlier decks ( pre '66 or thereabouts) had a shorter lip in the front so this is not a great way to measure. As @ShaunE mentions. measuing the blade tip height is ideal. Your deck in the picture appears to be much newer from the 7000/7100 model era. Most shops use a deck leveling gauge which makes it easier to reach the blade tips. Most Deere dealers have them on the shelf and they are around $10 or less, part # AM130907. 

• Like 2

maxwood

Hello, here is a description on leveling the mower deck from large frame owner's manual.

Thanks Ken in Mi

image.thumb.png.50eeef0539455728ea79185e8e7d9b39.png

• Like 4

Instead of trying to read tape at blade tip under deck I use a deep well socket close to height I am aiming for.  This couldn't have anything to due with age of operator!.  Easy to just slide socket under tip front to rear, and outside blade tip side to side.  Once correct you can always crank rollers up or down.

• Like 4

MrSteele

If Memory serves, and the aforementioned "age" thing is kicking in here, too. I cut a block of wood that fit under a blade tip, then used it to level the other blades. That was several years ago. I rebuilt the rollers last winter, and am still trying to get a perfect cutting height, cause I can, now

landlord2110

MrSteele-whats the length of that block of wood?