Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New AC owner

AC 610

AC 610

I recently got my first AC gt, a model 610. I’m a new member here. I’d really appreciate it if someone knew what carb rebuild kit I need for the 10hp Briggs motor? I can’t find a carb kit for it… 

• Like 1

Chris727

Welcome aboard! As Bill points out, having the engine numbers will be helpful as many of these machines have been re-powered at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...
AC 610

I’m very sorry for the late reply guys. I really appreciate that y’all are willing to help me out. I’ve just been ridiculously busy. Here’s a pic of the model number, etc… Also I need to find a new starter guard. I’m not certain what happened to the muffler. 

IMG_8367.jpeg

IMG_8368.jpeg

• Like 4

Chris727

Original carb kit number was 299852 which supersedes to 394698. I'll have to look, may have that starter cover here. 

• Like 2

AC 610

Thank you! I will order that carb kit when I can afford. Let me know when/if you find the starter cover.

• Like 1

Chris727

Looking at the picture in your cover photo, the air cleaner does not look original, which would sugges the carb may not be either. Can you post a picture of the carburetor itself? 

• Like 1

AC 610
4 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Looking at the picture in your cover photo, the air cleaner does not look original, which would sugges the carb may not be either. Can you post a picture of the carburetor itself? 

Here are some carb pics to help you determine that. 

IMG_8404.jpeg

IMG_8405.jpeg

IMG_8406.jpeg

SmilinSam
Posted (edited)

Looks like a small deck on your tractor. I believe the 610 was the same as the Simplicity 5010 and the Homelite CT-10. They did make 42" decks to fit these tractors. Basically its a 7000 series 42" mower deck with a shorter special front hitch piece and a lower profile and or smaller center drive pulley.

I always like the 42" deck combination fopr these tractors. A really efficient mowing machine.

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 2

Chris727

Based on the pictures of the carb, 394698 is the correct kit. 

• Like 1

I’m tempted to buy the Simplicity version for $50 with no motor, but better tires, better steering, and better seat. It’d be a great parts donor. If it’s still for sale next week maybe I’ll get ahold of the seller.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AC 610 said:

I’m tempted to buy the Simplicity version for $50 with no motor, but better tires, better steering, and better seat. It’d be a great parts donor. If it’s still for sale next week maybe I’ll get ahold of the seller.

Sounds like a good deal. 

• Like 1