Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cultivator Shovel Help

Viva-la-B-110

Viva-la-B-110

Does anyone have or somewhere that might have some cultivator shovels like the one in the photo? They’re 2 1/2 x 7 1/2. I’ve looked all over the internet and can’t find any. They were originally on the shanks shown if that helps any. I replaced them years ago and threw them away— I was young and didn’t think grandpa knew what he was talking about.

4A2D4A16-5EFA-4E90-B861-C18E667ACB3E.jpeg

00F277EC-752C-4313-AFE6-381688FA3E91.jpeg

90ED0AEF-4CE8-4E35-98D6-994057B1C57D.jpeg

• Like 3

bowhunt4life

I might have some on the shelf at home, I'll check tonight and get back to you.

Thanks-Chris

• Like 1

Viva-la-B-110
14 minutes ago, bowhunt4life said:

I might have some on the shelf at home, I'll check tonight and get back to you.

Thanks-Chris

Thank you sir

BMinor0788

My guess is that the original shovels and sweeps were made by Empire Plow in Cleveland, OH but that plant is no longer open. They do still sell chisels, shovels and sweeps so maybe they have what you need? 

https://empiretillage.com/

• Like 1

Viva-la-B-110
1 hour ago, BMinor0788 said:

My guess is that the original shovels and sweeps were made by Empire Plow in Cleveland, OH but that plant is no longer open. They do still sell chisels, shovels and sweeps so maybe they have what you need? 

https://empiretillage.com/

I'll check it out. Thanks!

The one in your picture is marked Brinly. They are still in business but their cultivators no longer have replaceable shovels. Your cultivator has a mix of AC/Simplicity and Brinly parts on it. There are Brinly collectors out there. Someone may have some of these. Many of the die hard JD and Cub Cadet lawn and garden collectors also collect Brinly as they made most of the tillage implements for those brands.

On 5/17/2024 at 11:03 PM, Chris727 said:

The one in your picture is marked Brinly. They are still in business but their cultivators no longer have replaceable shovels. Your cultivator has a mix of AC/Simplicity and Brinly parts on it. There are Brinly collectors out there. Someone may have some of these. Many of the die hard JD and Cub Cadet lawn and garden collectors also collect Brinly as they made most of the tillage implements for those brands.

Thanks I'll have to look into that option.

Just out of curiosity, would this cultivator have come with those Brinly shovels on it do you think or were the originals replaced at some point?