Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

One Tractor Short

Dutch

Finally, after repairing & fitting & fabricating, I’ve got my tractors set up the way I want. Trouble is I’m one tractor short. I didn’t want that to happen, it’s just the way things worked out. It's not that I'm too lazy (not really) to switch attachments. When it snows I like to use a snowthrower, blade, and sweepster (that's 3 tractors). The weed cutter & sickle are a pain to remove & reinstall, plus I use them year round. So, I need a another tractor for a front blade. BTW - The hoods are off the 7010 & 7012 because I’m getting ready to paint them. But, that’s another story. 7010 > Front: weed cutter Center: sickle mower Rear: tiller, revitalizer, gang mower 7012 > Front: sweepster Center: grader Rear: rake Sovereign > Front: snowthrower Center: mower Rear: vac Needed > Front: blade Center: ----- Rear: roller, 540 PTO, cart, cultivator, pump, generator

Your solution is Simple, its time try one foot dragger, tell the wife you just have to know what it is we claim your missin..MPH

Dutch: "Fleet Week" was a couple of weeks ago, down in NYC...but it looks like you're ready for Fleet Week in NJ--nice lookin' Fleet O' The Orange! I think MPH is right...and those pictures are practically a "power point" presentation for your case, what with all the running boards. What will you pick? Personally, I would suggest (and hope to find myself) the 2012 Landlord...the curves on that tractor! Peter

My motto: One tractor for each attachment. Looks like you have planned it very well. I haven't gotten that far. Have four tractors, just don't have the attachments, and only two of the tractors are worthy of this web site. Keep up the good work. You are giving me plenty of reasons to look for more tractor parts. Now I can show my wife the pictures and explain why I need a setup like "Dutch" has. Rod H.

Herb, get something for the grandkids, a yeoman for example. Great pics Herb, what an awsome collection. doug

Herb, Beautiful fleet of toys! Other club members will be hard pressed to compete with your collection. I especially like your clever "multi-use" with 3 implements on each tractor.

Roy

You need to become a foot drager.They are a lot more fun and easyer to get on and off.Untill 2 weeks ago I only had foot dragers. That weed cutter is unheard of around here.I wish I had all those implements Bob

Wow that isa really nice collection you have going there. I hope to see u send back soon saying how you have the whole collection finished. Also is that one 7010 a four wheel drive. Or did you just put on those frount tires for better traction.

Herb, I'm envious of course. My oldest daughter recently told me that she didn't want her inheritance in tractors. LOL..... The problem is I DON'T have enough tractors to go around, hence I am looking for more. Great collection you have. Seems that in Texas, there isn't much to "collect". I went looking out East and found a profiliration of IH and Cubs, but no A/C or Simplicity. Still looking however. DaveG

Dutch there is one attachment you COULD use that was only made to fit a FDT(Foot Draggin" Tractor). Bachtold made a weed mower attachment for them back in the 60's for a while. A friend of mine has one and it works great he says.

SmilinSam What does this Bachtold made weed mower attachment look like? can you get a picture? This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Fellas……. Thanks for the compliments. Terry, The weed cutter is GREAT! After I bought it for another guy, he changed his mind. I was going to sell it because it really wasn’t made to fit a later model tractor. Boy, am I glad I didn’t. If you have any woods or brush to clear, get yours hooked up quick. Just be careful, they’re really dangerous. Ben, The AG tires on the front of the 7010 are just to reduce front end “plowing” when working in snow, loose dirt, or mud. Sam, I would also like to see a photo of the Bachtold weed cutter. Can’t imagine it doing a better job than the 40” Simplicity. You had/have one too. How do you like it? ******** I really don’t have anything against “Foot Dragger” tractors, but running boards make it so easy to hook up multiple attachments with one lift.

I'll get a picture but it will be into July before I get over to his farm to do it. I've been going to get a junker bachtold walk behind and make a copy for myself one of these days but have not made it that far yet. The 40" mower like you have (and I had) mows fine till you get into 3' tall and taller stuff, then it tries to wind up in the spindles. It also did not do to well in real thick materiel. The Bachtold is only 26" wide but you cant seem to stop it. I'll see about a picture...........

Dick, Hope I won't always be one tractor short. Always considered myself just an owner not a collector or hobbyist (starting to have doubts). Began with the 7012 as a simple lawn mower. Then I started to appreciate the many useful attachments.

If you keep getting more, just wait till maintainance time comes around, then you'll begin to think strongly about getting down to just a couple or so, I know I do from time to time......................