Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fuel Problem

KSever

On my 4111 I keep losing fuel to the carb when I'm on a slight hill. While I'm riding with the carb side of the engine facing uphill I lose fuel to the carb, when I look down at the fuel filter there will be no gas in the filter. Then as soon as I turn around it will run good, it seems it should run either way as long as the tank is higher than the filter and the carb? I've check to see if I had air lock but even taking off the cap doesn't seem to help I just get gas all down the side of the tank from sloshing around. Could there be a blockage in the line or maybe too big of a filter? The filter that is on it is brand new from briggs that is the see through type. I was thinking there might be a blockage in the line? Any thoughts from anybody else?

All cleans thoroughly, and the installation situation of the filter notes, also whether the tank fastener air through lets! Gerhard

Drain the tank and look inside with a flashlight to see if there is anything that could move around and block the fuel outlet. Something may have fallen inside, or a large flake of rust could be floating around. Also the fuel line can deteriorate and there could be a flap of rubber from the line that is blocking the gas flow. I have had both problems before. Rod H.