Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

917 Work

Austin

Austin

The 917 has been getting some more attention slowly, as I wait on parts for the Landlord. It got the weights from that “pick” a few months ago installed, as well as rolled the lawn. Did a great job too! I bought a rear lift assembly off one of the FB groups and it showed up today. I went to install it and found everything fit and lined up as it should, except the cable. Turns out (after comparing to the deck cable) it is a deck lift cable and not a rear lift cable. Is there any chance someone has one lying around they have spare, or know where to find one?? Sucks too, as I spent decent money on it just to recieve an incorrect part. 

Pictures also for reference of how I figured out it was way too short 🤦‍♂️.

IMG_7457.jpeg

IMG_7462.jpeg

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

• Like 2

Sorry not selling the one we have. We are currently using a dozen tractors. 700s,900s.

im not near our 900 parts book. What’s the part number on the 917 cable. Is it same number. Allis and simplicity.

thanks

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mikeac said:

Sorry not selling the one we have. We are currently using a dozen tractors. 700s,900s.

im not near our 900 parts book. What’s the part number on the 917 cable. Is it same number. Allis and simplicity.

thanks

No worries. I assume it is both the same number and part for both varieties, but I can not say for sure.

Bill725

My understanding is Assembly Specialty Products in Cleveland, OH fabricates them as their P/N 06-JG03PU-1.

Also, when the rear lift is not being used, install a compression spring on the back to keep tension on the cable.

• Like 3

+1 On Bills comment, found out the hard way. 

Have a cable that was sliced 1/3 way thru by bouncing off the edge of the opening it goes thru 😭

• Sad 1

Bill725
25 minutes ago, Bill725 said:

install a compression spring

Meant to say extension spring.