Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ultimatehick

wont start

ultimatehick
I have a weed wacker that I just reciently bought 1 year ago. It has spark and has fuel going through the carberator. I just want suggestions on what to do with it.

PatRarick
Whack weeds? These things are notorious for stale gas problems following storage. I assume it is due to the small amount of fuel that tha carb holds. Carefully disassemble the carb. The side that has one screw in the center is the fuel pump side. Remove the screw and take off the cover. Be careful not to tear the gasket or the diaphragm with valve flaps. Remove the screws from the cover on the opposite side of the carb. Some have four, others have only two. Remove the diaphragm and gasket. One screw holds the needle lever pin. Remove this screw and watch as there is a spring under the needle lever. Remove the lever, pin, needle,and spring. Turn both the high speed and low speed needle valves IN, counting the number of turns. Usually is 1 turn. Remove needle valves, and remember where each needle goes. Spray carb cleaner into every orifice of the carb, and through the orifices in the cover over the fuel pump diaphragm/valve. Reassemble carb and the unit should start. Pat

powermax_paul
I have a Stihl trimmer that I couldn't start also. I finally called the dealer and he told me there's a screen in the muffler that needs to be taken out periodically and cleaned. (I think it's a spark arrestor). It gets carboned up and it won't start. Paul

ultimatehick
I all ready took the spark arrester out and found that it was perfectly clean. I also all ready dumped out all of the old gas and put in new gas. So if any one knows any thing else please tell me.