Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 725 ( B1 ) front PTO pulley

Dave65

Dave65

Just wanted to get some information on the 725 ( B1 ) front PTO pulley. I picked up a B1 and wanted to put a snow thrower      ( single belt ) on it. Not sure of the pulley size but I am thinking 4.5 inch with a 1 inch bore. Probably won’t find a OEM but maybe an after market would work. If someone has any information that might be helpful I’d like to hear it. Also can I go to a 42 inch thrower or is that too much and just stick to the 36 inch.

• Like 1

Austin

I’d personally just stick with the 36”, it’ll work just fine with the old 7.25hp Briggs. As to the pulley these are the only photos I have of measurements. It is an oem front pulley. If needed I can likely get some more measurements tomorrow.

IMG_7655.jpeg

IMG_7654.jpeg

• Like 2

Bill725
2 hours ago, Dave65 said:

Could you tell me if it’s a 1 inch bore?

The pulley bore size the same as crankshaft diameter which I believe is 1". An AK46 pulley is 3.45" OD. I would suggest a cast iron pulley rather than a steel. Cast iron has more belt grip.

• Like 2

hurleyii

I have an entire assembly off a 3415S. Needs new liner but that’s just leather these days we glue in.

simplewrench

The B1 doesn’t have a bevel gearbox like the 3415. 

Dave I sent you 2 messages, I have pulley you are looking for.