Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another One Comes Home

Austin

Well, those of you who remember my great grandpa I’m sure remember this tractor. It has been sitting long dormant for a little over 9 years at the least. But today it saw sunshine (and rain) once again. My great uncle brought it home those many years ago and stuck it in his garage non-running and it stayed as my great grandpa left it. I inquired about being able to get it out and about for the local Pioneer show this year and he was all for it. So here in my shop it sits. With the tank that was neglected to be drained, no coil, and a bad key switch. I slapped a brand new battery ignition coil on it, swapped out the key for the old battery ignition switch off the 917, and now it again has spark! Tank before and as of now pictures are provided. Im still working on cleaning it but I should be ready for the show in a week and a half.

IMG_7670.jpeg

IMG_7671.jpeg

IMG_7672.jpeg

IMG_7678.jpeg

IMG_7679.jpeg

IMG_7680.jpeg

IMG_7673.jpeg

IMG_7674.jpeg

• Like 6

David Barkey

Wow that is in amazing shape .

• Like 2

First start up today went well. Runs and drives the best I’ve ever used, the bgb isn’t great but it’ll suffice for just being a show cruiser. My mother also took some less than flattering photos while taking its maiden voyage today. I will update later on how the gas tank is looking.

Attachment.jpeg

Attachment.jpeg

• Like 4

gwiseman

Hope you kept that show paper taped to the grill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gwiseman said:

Hope you kept that show paper taped to the grill

I did. And it’s actually held on by old bread ties. I never knew there were club show papers till I saw this one. It will be staying on there as long as I have something to say about it.

• Like 4