Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4 wheel drive

ultimatehick

At one time when I was looking through this site I once came across a guy that put a golf cart transmission in the frount of his tractor and I was woundering if they can by any chance send me some pictures. I have the tranny and I dont see how to hook it up so that it drives or steers. Also I was woundering if it mattered what kind of tractor you used.

Are you sure you aren't getting confused with the Cub Cadet Model 100 that Dan Hoefler modified to be a 4WD? He used a DANA rear end from a golf cart reworked for use as a front axle. I have dozens of photos of it, including some "in progress" shots. Let me know if you want me to e-mail you any of them. Kraig

I should also point out that many photos of Dan's 4WD 100 have been posted at: http://www.ihcubcadet.com/discus/

As I recall the tractor that I am thinking of did not have the tracks. All it was was a regular tractor that he had rigged up and then put golf cart tranny on it to make it a 4wd. All I really need is to see pictures on how to hook it up to my tractor so that it works.

Yes, Dan made a crawler but he also made a 4 wheel drive Cub Cadet, I'll send you some photos of it.

There are quite a few home made 4 wheel drive tractors out there.There is another cub near Keil Wisconsin He used a front axel off a small jeep and cut it down .It would be a little harder on a Simplicity since the transmission is not set up the same as a cub.

I have some photos of Mike Schultz's 4x4 Cub Cadet too. Here is how Mike described it when photos of it were posted on the Cub Cadet Forum: "the front end is out of a CJ type jeep . I power the front wheels by another pinion off the ring gear. it has automotive steering box and Johnson loader .the pump for the loader runs off the front PTO so I can turn it on and off. Works great ! turns out the tractor was a model 71 and not a 70 opps . hope somebody can post these pictures on the cub forum as I don't know how . Mike Schultz Kiel , Wisc."