Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-10 Hood

Deazman

I have an early b10, should the hood be able to swing open when I loosen the knobs near the stearing wheel? I currently have to remove the bolts at the front to get the hood open as the stearing wheel is in the way of the hood.

Those hhod don't swing open. You loosen all four bolts and lift straight up at the front and back at the same time . When clear of the bolts, move it out from under the wheel and away from the tractor. The front hood knobs stay wth the hood while the rear ones stay on the tractor. You shouldn't have to screw them all the way out to get the hood off, just loosen them- this is if they are the original ones. Sam