Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Belt Routing Diagram Needed!!

slo_mow_go

Greetings - I am a newbie so forgive me if this is something previously discussed, though I didn't see it in the listing for the last thirty days. I have recently purchased a 5216 with a 42" deck. The deck was pretty much disassembled and I had to replace a spindle. I'm ready to attempt to attach the deck to the tractor now, but have no idea how the belt runs. I tried the Simplicity site and the Op Manual is not online and the Parts Manual doesn't have the information of course. I am not very familiar with lawn tractors so I do not have previous experiences the reference or fall back on. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! TIA

TIA, not familiar with your tractor, is it vert or horiz crankshaft?? Also are you speaking of the belt on the deck or the one that runs the deck from the tractor???MPH OH, welcome to the best tractor site on the web!!!

The Tractor is a mid-80's 16hp Simplicity lawn tractor. It has a horizontal shaft. The routing I need is how the belt snakes around the various pulleys on the mower deck. (3 spindle, 1 guide and 1 idler pulley) The only decks I have found in the neighborhood are small decks with only two spindles, so I really have no idea how the belt routes. Thanks for the welcome! I've learned a lot already by gleaning the earlier posts and such! :-)

On my old 68 B112 the belt goes fron center spindle to the rt, across the back of the deck to the left spindle, bends backwards around the idler and back to left side of the center. not sure yours is the same, check to make sure the blades all turn the proper direction and hopefully have happy mowin..MPH

I have a Duetz-Allis 616 which is the same as yours. If you don't a answer before I get home from work I'll take a couple of pic's and email them to you you. Steve

Here's the direct link to simplicity http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1052_00_LT_S.pdf

Thank You to MPH, Steve and Leo!!! Due to your efforts, I will be able to mow my front yard before my neighbors send in a baler!!!! Leo - I had actually downloaded the Parts Manual for future reference and, to my chagrin, completely missed the belt routing in the upper left hand corner on page 30! I promise to look more closely the next time! I appreciate the response and look forward to learning more about my $30 lawn tractor - yes it does run fine - only needed to replace the spindle which I got off a 36" deck I purchased from a neighbor for $10. My only other expense was to replace the front tire tubes for $26 installed. It is one of those rare blessings where everything just kind of falls in place! Thanks again - Erich