Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro problem

PatRarick

Just recieved an Allis 919. Owner was trailering it back to his home. Stopped to unload, removed the tie downs, then decided to back up a few more feet. Had is truck in second, rather than reverse. Jerked forward and of course the tractor went off the back of the trailer. Low trailer, about 10" above ground. He started the tractor, and it wouldn't move. He tried to push it by hand. Wouldn't move. Pushed the relief valve down, and it still is a bear to move. He was sure that he took out the hydro, so he drained the fluid to inspect for metal filings. All clear. Loaded it up and brought it to me. Now, there is no fluid in the transmission, so I would have to fill it to do any checking. Before I possibly "waste" new fluid, does anyone have any clues as to what could have happened? I have a hard time believing the the hydro went out. My gut feeling is the spur gears in the differential. Don't know why else it would push so hard. Any clues? Pat

Pat Could have bent the axels on the drop to the ground. JMI This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Wouldn't be hard to take off the hub and see if by chance you can see any damaged gears in the diff. without taking it all the way apart.

Possibly when trac was''jerked'' it broke the slipper rings in hydro pump.?? Rear whls with hyd. press on them will NOT spin weak link is slipper rings, Put fluid back in,, start it up and see if axel tube spins coming out of trans to diff if no spin possible broken slipper rings a big job,,OR an easier fix is possible relief valves stuck shut?? If axel does spin possible diff problem or snapped axel tube?