Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Info on new (to me) 613H

I have that 611 with the 15 h.p. engine in the gallery
under Taylor Made I'm not for shure haw many hours the
hydro has on it but I'm guessing alot I mow around 20
lawns with it and the person that had it before me mowed his 2 acre lot with it and it's a 84 model and the hydro never missed a beat its the greatest mower Im my book it turns easy and very sharp
And if your ,wanting to sell it give me a call

Just picked up a 613H Duetz-Allis this week-end (at an auction). It has 1028 hours on the Hobbs meter. I have never had a hydrostatic transmittion and there was no manual with it so I was wondering if there were any thing in particular to look over or if that model has some weaknesses to watch out for?

I would appreciate any information anyone has. I had to part with our B-10 last week, it served well, but was just worn out.

Make sure all the trans mounting bolts are tight. Use Simp hydro trans oil - the level is only about a 1/4" from the bottom of the reservoir for the pump (under the seat) and should be at the bottom of the treads of the square transaxle check plug (underneath). It has a lever to disengage the trans for pushing (under the seat)and should never be towed. Control lever stiffness can be controled with tension of the double lock nuts attaching it down below.

The twin clyinders should have a good strong power band for cutting heavy grass. I would order a owner/operator manual from the Simp publications department - have your MFG numbers handy for both tractor and mower as well as your favorite "plastic".

It is my humble opinion that you 'stepped down' a grade or 2 buying this trac. They are still a fine machine but don't hold a candle to your old B-10! Good Luck with it! My 1 1/2 cents worth! dlc

Well the B-10 gave it's best but unfortunately the previous own was really heck on welding rod adjustments, he welded everything! The shift lever was welded too short so he used the cutting torch to extend the hole. The steering was welded and movement limited because of it. The mower deck blade adustments were welded.

It was really sad.

When the transmittion broke a gear the second time though that really pushed it off the edge.

It led a hard life before I had it and the time vs patience factor finally won out.

I hope whoever bought it has better luck than I did.