Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC-B112-NO JUICE

Guest DJBUSH

Guest DJBUSH
I Have A 1967 AC-B112 Tractor. When I Parked It Last Fall I Drove It Around To The Back Of My Shed.I Took The Battery Out, Put Gas Treatment In The Tank, And Covered It With A Tarp For The Winter. Spring Came And I Put The Battery Back In And She Just Wouldn't Start. I Got To Checking Around And I Have No Juice Anywhere, Exept For The Battery. I Have No Owners Manual And Don't Have The Fogiest Idea Of Whats Wrong. I Would Appreciate Any Input That Anyone May Have As To What May Be Wrong. My E-Mail Address Is db63@peoplepc.com Dale J Bush

Sounds like you have one or more rusted, oxidized, or corroded electrical connections. Should be easy to find with a test light. Start by testing the "ground" (-). Then test the "hot" (+) begining at the battery, moving to the starter relay, ammeter, key switch, etc. Manuals are available from Simplicity (some may be online).

First make sure the battery post and terminal ends are good and clean. Next check your ground connections on the frame and engine are clean and tight. Do the same for the positive cable end on the starter. Then check all of the connections on the switch and clean them. Most important is the battery fully charged. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD