Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Pic thing try

MPH
Ok, cool it worked. Waited a long time for it to say it was done uploading, gave up and closed window and presto, pic of 3pt making stuff. As the midnight sun is clouded over tonight I try to get one of the done deal in better lite. Finished this morning and it lifts the field cultivator with my 200 lb son..MPH

StinKy
I've got to get my photo system going again. Had a virus and had to get the hard drive wiped clean so I'm starting from scratch again. I noticed you have one of those most handy 4" angle grinders in the first pic. I have a fairly good way to thin washers up (for spacers). I clamp a short chunk of 2X4 in my vice, lay the washer on it and drive 3 or 4 medium size finishing nails equally spaced around the washer's outside edge. As you grind, the nails get ground down along with the face of the washer and at the same time hold the washer in place. There's a limit to how thin you can go but I've found I can usually grind half the thickness away with no problem. Dick