Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mb

PTO powered vacuum dilemma

mb
I recently picked up a used tractor mounted, pto driven lawn vacuum for my 7117. I was unable to find a part number but the price was right so I bought it not really knowing if it was the correct one for my tractor. It is set up for a left side discharge however the pulleys are on the right side of the vac. and my PTO pulleys on my tractor are on the left side of the tractor. I had just guessed that I had the wrong vac.. for my tractor until I saw a photo of another simplicity tractor with the same set up. Is it possible the belt transitions from the left side of the tractor to the right side of the vacuum or do I have the wrong vacuum for my tractor ?

Dutch
The very early PTO vac drive pulleys were on the "right" side. Models for later tractors had the drive pulley on the "left" side, and used a cross shaft to power the pulleys on the "right" side. Are you sure what you have is a "PTO" vac? A "Frame" vac was also available for the 7100 series tractors. The "Frame" vacs mounted offset to the left with the drive pulley on the right. See #4......... http://www.simpletractors.com/deutz/full_line_attachments.htm

mb
It is defiantly a center mount vac. with right hand side pulleys. when I bought it the seller wasn't sure if it was for an AC or a simplicity but the price was right so I bought it anyway. If I can not adapt it to my tractor maybe I will try and find someone that has a collector with left side pulleys and needs one like mine and we can trade.