Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

B-10 early wiring

MatthewS
Hi all can somebody that knows the wiring on a B-10 early tell me how the points, condenser, and ignition wires hook up. My ignition has two studs one to the regulator and one to ? The key has to be in the on position to start but I think it will only work if I have that othre wire connected.

Spyder
Hi MatthewS Here is a link to some wiring diagrams for the B-Series. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/service/wiring_diagrams.htm[/url] These may not be the exact information you need, but they are handy references. There are two wires coming out of the magneto, probably both are Black. Connect one of the wires (shouldn't make any difference which) to the points and condenser circuit. The other Black wire should be used as a KILL wire. Connect it to one side of a suitable Single-Pole-Single-Throw switch or an appropriate key switch. Connect the other side to chassis ground. This will give you the means to kill the engine. When I rebuilt my B-110, I stripped all the wiring and started over from scratch. I used a standard key switch which is made for magneto type engines. I got it at a NAPA store (Part Primeline 7-01850). But any small engine dealer will have an equivalent one. There is a terminal for the Magneto wire coming from the engine labeled (M). If your engine has a electric starter, there are terminals to connect to the Battery(B), Lights/Accessories (L), Ground (G), and Starter (S). Here is a diagram I designed for my B-110. DaveG

Spyder
Sorry if you can,t read the diagram. Seems that once it is posted, it cannot be edited, or I haven't figured out how yet. You should be able to save the image on your computer and use a different viewer to get a better image. DaveG

ScottS
Hey Dave, You can edit your message. You should have a row of icons One will be a sheet of paper with a pencil, click on this and you will be able to edit your message. Try this and let me know how you make out. ScottS

Spyder
Message edited after some manual adjusting to the URL.. This is about the best image I could get without exceeding the 100k limit on file size. Hope this helps. If you would like a better image, send an e-mail or personal message and I will send a 208K image to you DaveG