Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Scored on a deal!!!!

Kirby

I just made my best buy ever on a tractor!! The local shopper had just come out yesterday a 3pm, (I advertise in it so I get it early) reading thru it I came across an ad for a Bolens QS-16 garden tractor with 48" deck, 33" shaft drive tiller and...........a johnson work horse loader!! I was on the phone like a flash! The asking price was $500.00. I called them, asked the condition(322 hrs) and told them I would take it, BUT, I was told first there with the money would own it. My problem, I'm at work and can't leave. Desperate, I call my wife.... not home, next I call a good friend....home!!! He ran out for me with the cash and the rest is history. Just had to share my excitement with you all. Kirby (I know its not an A/C or simplicity but I Really wanted that loader)

Pretty good deal I'd say! I wouldn't worry about it not being Simplicity or AC. If they hang you they have to hang me too....... I let my ad run out on buying Simplicitys so instead I in another ad wanting junk Wheel Horse equipment for the next 30 days. Sam

If they hang you guys, they will have to shoot me, drown me, then hang me. I only have one AC, and no Simplicities (yet), out of my 10+ tractors.......Art And my Bolens is one of my best!

Nothing but solid orange here, I was lusting after a wheel horse about 10 miles north of here but have since cleansed my mind and changed my ways. doug

I have a 1968 bolens 1050 and she is built like a brick out house. She is one strong tractor with a 10 hp wisconsin the worst thing is the 48" mower does not cut evenly even after a rebuild on the deck she still does not cut like a simplicity! I traded a 1976 john deere 214 w/ a 48" mower and a 36" tiller. The bolens came with a 36" snow thrower, 10"brinley plow, 42" grader/scarifier, lawn cart, wheel weights, and a 42" I think I got a good deal. Good luck with your bolens John H

I have model 70 and a model 100 Cub and a 3212V. Wouldnt trade any of them for all the tea in china. The Cub helped me dig out of the Blizzard of 96. I had over 3 ft of snow with drifts higher than the front of her. She has a lot of heart. ddh

Doug, I mowed with Wheel Horse long before I ever got a Simplicity/AC, nothing wrong with them. The WHeel horse 48" deck mows better than the Simplicity 48", but the Simplicity 42" mows better than the Wheel Horse 42". The Wheel horse tillers do much better in sod or hard soil than the Simplicity(alot heavier with a cast iron gear case) but the Simpliciity tillers grind the dirt up much finer than the Wheel Horse tillers. I've had in the past a Commando 8, Charger 12, C-160 automatic, 14 automatic, 1054 high wheel, GT 14 automatic( wouldn't mind getting another one of those), a Workhorse 700, and probably 2 -3 other I have forgotten. I'm in the mood to restore another, besides I keep selling all my Simpliciity tillers and I have a WHeel Horse tiller my wife won't let me sell so I need a tractor for it. Sorry guys I'm guilty, Ive got red on my hands as well as yellow ,orange, and Blue............................

I've always had a soft spot for Wheel Horse. It was the local built product for a LOT of years,until Toro stuck their nose in.But anyway.... The first tractor I had serious dealings with was my dads WheelHorse 800 Special.Got to where I could have the deck off,and snowblade on in about 20 minutes.And of course,I had to have neighborhood races with the Cub Cadet up the road,another neighbors Soverign,etc. kenny L

I like the AC and Simplicity products because they are so easy to work on, but a deal is a deal. I have a Wards (Simplicity), an AC, a Sears(Roper), and (I hate to say it) a Murry. I'm planning to build a loader for the Sears. Got other uses for the others. Rod H.

I CONFESS. IN ADDITION TO MY 7116H I HAVE A 19 H.P.GT FROM sears. I BOUGHT IT THINKING IT WOULD LAST UNTIL I HAD TO GO TO THE HAPPY HUNTING GROUND. MY REASONING WAS THIS: I HAD A 1973 SEARS (ROPER/OYP) WITH AN 18 H.P. ONAN. I COULDN'T KILL IT. I DID HAVE TO REPLACE A CARB. WHEN I GOT MY 1998 I GAVE IT TO MY BRO.IN LAW AND HE IS STILL USING IT TODAY. THE ONLY BELT REPLACED IN ALMOST THIRTY YEARS WAS THE DRIVE BELT. HAS ORIGINAL SPINDEL BEARINGS. I JUST FIGURED THAT THE NEW ONES WOULD BE AS DEPENDABLE. MY NEWER ONE DOESN'Y HOLD A CANDLE TO THE '73. THEN................I ACQUIRED MY 7116H. NOW THE sears SITS IN THE BARN LUSTING AFTER THE SIMP. JOHNP

My cousin has an old Pennsylvania Panzer parked and goin to waste. I can see it from where I'm sitting accross the highway. He has had it for years and I remember when I was a young boy it was the neatest thing I had ever seen. Does anyone know If they are worth anything? They sure are built solid.

It should be worth a few hundred depending on what model it is. A neighbor of my father's started collecting them and I have seen quite a few at some of the local shows. They are built tough. I have seen them with car engine and transmission rigged up. Lots of steel. ddh